Mulitple offers are back in the Marin County real estate world, and some buyers are wishing they would have been more serious when the rest of the world wasn’t looking. I was quoted in the Marin Independent Journal last week about the market shift, but most of the information I passed along wasn’t included.
Here’s the scoop:
- Not everything is being sold quickly or with multiple offers
- Homes that are priced too high are still sitting there, and buyers have an opportunity to pick up that ‘steal’ once the prices are dropped
- Homes that are not remodeled are still hurting in this market: buyers are informed and know exactly how much new kitchens, baths, and roofs cost
- It’s even more important to have a trusted realtor working with you if you’re a buyer. You get previews of new listings, and you will see that your realtor has an excellent sense for what will sell quickly, and at what price
- If you’re a seller, a good realtor will save you from the pain of watching your price drop after a debut that falls flat